Turns out this was a poor life decision. Guys in French nightclubs are one of the following three things:
1. Cute and normal but gay
2. Cute and normal but too shy to approach girls
3. Creepy
This means that the only ones who DO in fact approach... are the creepy ones.
Tara and I danced a little with some somewhat weird/creepy guys, but then things got a little too weird, French guys were interested in getting a bit too intimate, and we skedaddled. It was a fun night up until that point, though?
I also found out that kir pétillant essentially means flavored champagne (you can choose from a variety of flavors)....it's pretty much my new favorite thing.
Also important:
Today we visited a chateau called Chenonceau with the group. It was beautiful and impressive and awe-inspiring, but I have to say, after a while all of the rooms in those castles start to look pretty damn similar. They also gave us 5.5 hours for our visit, which was just entirely too much time to walk around a relatively small castle. Oh well.
Even more important:
For dessert tonight we had balls of vanilla ice cream which were covered with nuts + caramel sauce. There was also a meringue hiding inside the ice cream, and the whole contraption was called "un mystere" (a little sketchy, yeah). It felt like I was eating a heart attack, but it was very very good. How are French people so skinny, though? I really don't get it.
1. completely AGREED about the french guys! (same goes for germans, it must be a european thing??)
ReplyDelete2. 5.5 hours is definitely too much time for chenonceau - I think we spent maybe 1.5 max there? lol
3. every time you describe a dessert my mouth waters ; )
tu me manques!
<3 ta bebe