Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dum dum dum.

Completely blogging for procrastination's sake right now.

Countdowns update:
2 days 14 hours to Helsinki
8 days to USA
18 days to Nathan

So days are going fast-ish? Not really, actually. Been sick for the past 3 days so those have all been kind of a blur. Been half-assing the little schoolwork I have largely because of this sickness and my overwhelming desire to be done, to go to Finland, and of course to go home.

Some things have happened since last post:

-Mozart Rock Opera with Heather: it was amazing! Very overdramatic in some cases, but the music was still very good and as a whole the show was entertaining. I would classify it as more of a musical than an opera, however, but neither of us minded that.

-Paris fail night with Jasmine, Heather, Christina, Pierce: we started off Saturday night strong at Cafe le Petit Pont (awesome cafe right by the Seine) where we had dinner, but unfortunately we couldn't really find a cool spot to hang out afterwards. Maybe we should have just stayed there? At one point we met up with Jasmine's French friend and basically all of his friends, but the club they tried to take us to wouldn't let us in because there were too many of us (think 20+). So then we went back to the area where we had originally been to go to a club with flashing lights and dancing (we all wanted to dance) called Cocktails and Dreams. More like Cocktails and Bust. The little dancing that was going on was by middle-aged French people who look like they're having seizures when they're dancing. We were amused for a short while by just watching the craziness of French dancing, but then decided we would rather leave than pay 15 euro for cocktails that came with no dreams attached.

-Been sick. Stomach, throat, runny nose. All of this exacerbated by the Paris Fail night. Ah, woe is me. Also, this all leading up to the only bit of actual work (aside from a few other tests and papers) I am doing while in Paris--3 final exams. Awesome. Well, two of them are tomorrow and the last one is Wednesday. It's bad to say this but I really don't care that much at this point, I just want to be done. So I will take them, and they will go somehow, and then I will be done.

-Host parents took us to see "Arthur et les Minimoys 2" last night at le Grand Rex theater that is near our apartment. The movie itself is a kids' movie, amusing but not in any way amazing. The theater, however, is the oldest and largest in France and very impressive. The most surprising part of it was that they had a 30-min long water show before the movie ... basically water fountains "dancing" to different songs, all made to the theme of the movie we were about to watch. It was definitely different to see that inside a movie theater, and we were both really appreciative that our host parents took the time to show it to us.

-Pretty much given up on the rest of the Paris to-do list. It's too damn cold outside.

There's something about the way the street looks when it's just rained
There's a glow off the pavement, you walk me to the car
And you know I want to ask you to dance right there
In the middle of the parking lot, yeah.

I don't know how it gets better than this,
You take my hand and drag me headfirst, fearless.
And I don't know why but with you I'd dance in a storm in my best dress, fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment